NodePy is an open-source, free project. If you find NodePy useful, please let me know via a short e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
NodePy is primarily developed by David Ketcheson. The following people have also contributed code to NodePy (listed in alphabetical order):
- Robert Bradshaw: initial implementation of exact representation and analysis of methods
- Matteo Parsani: spectral difference matrices
- Umair bin Waheed: Implementation of GBS extrapolation methods and their embedded pairs
If you use NodePy in work that is published, please cite
David I. Ketcheson, NodePy Software <version number>
Contributions to the package are most welcome. If you have used NodePy for research, chances are that others would find your code useful. Feel free to either e-mail a patch or fork and issue a pull request on Github.
NodePy is distributed under the terms of the modified Berkeley Software Distribution (BSD) license. The license is in the file nodepy/LICENSE.txt and reprinted below.
See http://www.opensource.org/licenses/bsd-license.php for more details.
Copyright (c) 2008-2010 David I. Ketcheson. All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
- Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS “AS IS” AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
NodePy development has been supported by:
- A U.S. Dept. of Energy Computational Science Graduate Fellowship
- Grants from King Abdullah University of Science & Technology